I have been living full-time on Seabrook Island South Carolina since September 2021. It is really a beautiful place to live and we are blessed with pleasant weather and an abundance of unspoiled nature. Being a barrier island, the entire island ecosystem is tightly tied to the tides, and the water which runs around and through the island is always moving , tides flooding in and tides ebbing out. We are a stopping off point for many migratory birds and a nesting destination for loggerhead turtles. We have sunrises and sunsets over the water or the marsh 365 days a year. In short, it’s a photographer’s dream location. The Seabrook Island photos in this gallery were taken throughout 2022 and include photographs of:
- Dolphins strand feeding at Captain Sam’s Inlet (Check out my children’s book Lunchtime With Luna and the Locals if you want to learn more about this amazing behavior.)
- Migratory shore birds such as red knots, black skimmers, oystercatchers , royal terns and least terns
- Our local alligators
- Marsh dweilling birds such as blue herons, egrets , wood storks and night herons
- Logger head turtle hatchlings wobbling down for their first swim
- Sunsets and Sunrises and the beauty of tidal erosion
Prints or full resolution digital downloads for any image can be purchased by clicking the shopping cart icon in the bottom left of the lightbox page. Physical prints are high quality and fulfilled by White House Custom Colour, and will typically arrive in about one week.
All photos are licensed under the following Digital Image License.