Don’t Be Afraid To Stand Out From Your Crowd

December 9th, 2009 · 2:50 pm @   -  8 Comments
I've had this picture on my hard drive for a while; I don't even remember where I got it.  Every time I see the thumbnail, I can't help but smile, or even laugh.  Best I can tell, it's a legit, non-photoshopped family picture, probably snapped begrudgingly in the portrait studio at a Wal*Mart somewhere in southern Indiana.  I can imagine that there is some pretty interesting drama in that family. But you have to respect the second son.  He knows who he is, and he knows who he is not.  Despite the conformal pressure in his family unit, he's his own man, and probably always will be.  I'm sure he will be an effective leader one day, and I respect his individuality. Be true to yourself, regardless of who the system tells you you should be. Excel based on your achievements, not based on your appearance.  If the system tries to program you for sweater vest and clip on bow-tie but your inner Axl Rose promises organ rejection, you know which way to go . . .

Posted via email from jeffreyjdavis's posterous

Tags: , , ,

Loading Facebook Comments ...
Loading Disqus Comments ...

8 Comments → “Don’t Be Afraid To Stand Out From Your Crowd”

1. vinnie

7 years ago

And now I'll be chuckling at that picture every time I rummage through my hard drive to delete pics, thanks. Oh, and great post.

2. Greg Strosaker

7 years ago

Come on, confess it. That was your family photo. Now tell us truly which one is you. But seriously, thanks for living your own advice on this.

3. JeffreyJDavis

7 years ago

Thanks Vinnie, yes that photo is useful for a guaranteed on demand chuckle.

4. JeffreyJDavis

7 years ago

If it were my family photo, I'm pretty sure you KNOW which one is me.

5. vinnie

7 years ago

6. Greg Strosaker

7 years ago

7. JeffreyJDavis

7 years ago

Thanks Vinnie, yes that photo is useful for a guaranteed on demand chuckle.

8. JeffreyJDavis

7 years ago

If it were my family photo, I'm pretty sure you KNOW which one is me.